23.2.14

100 onnellista päivää - 47. päivä / 100 Happy Days - Day 47

Tein hankintaehdotuksen Tampereen kaupunginkirjastoon. Kirja oli H.Y. Hannan The Big Honey Dog Mysteries #1 - Curse of the Scarab (Suuren Honey koiran mysteerit #1 - Pillerinpyörittäjän kirous). Ajattelin, että tuskin kirjasto sitä kuitenkaan hankkii koska se on niin uusi (tuli ennen joulua), sen on kirjoittanut erittäin uusi kirjalija australiasta, se on englanniksi ja kaiken lisäksi vielä omakustanne. Mutta! Olin väärässä! Torstaina sain tekstiviestin, että se oli kirjastossa ja minulle varattuna :) Olin NIIN iloinen! En olisi ikinä uskonut, että hankkivat sen. Se oli oikein ihana yllätys!

Joten lauantaina kävin lainaamassa sen kirjastosta :)

Valitettavasti minun pitäisi lukea tällä hetkellä 6 kirjaa kahdessa kuukaudessa yhtä koulun kurssia varten. Kirja tuli siis erittäin huonoon aikaan :P Mutta päätin palkita itseäni: aina kun saan yhden koulukirjan luettua luen yhden (tai kaksi, tai enemmän :P) lukua Big Honey Dog Mysteriesistä :)

Tulette kuulemaan tästä kirjasta viellä lisää kunhan saan sen luettua!

-------------------------------------

I made a purchase proposal to Tampere library. The book was H.Y. Hanna's The Big Honey Dog Mysteries #1 - Curse of the Scarab. I thought that probably they won't buy it because it's so new (it came before Christmas), it's made by a very new Australian author, it's in English and above all, it's author's edition. 
But! I was wrong! On Thursday, I got a text message which said that it was in the library and reserved for me :) I was SO happy! I would have never thought they would actually get it. It was really nice surprise! 

So, on Saturday, I went and loaned it from library :)

Unfortunately, I'll need to read already 6 books in two months for one of  my school's course. So the book came in very bad time :P But I decided that I will reward myself: every time I finish a school book I can read a one (or two, or more xP) chapters from the Big Honey Dog Mysteries :) 

I will tell you more about the book as soon as I've read it!

Näetkö kirjan varaushyllyssä? / Can you spot the book from the booking shelf?

Tässä se on! Olen ihka ensimmäinen joka sen saa lukea :D / Here it is! I'm going to be the first one who gets to read it :D

2 kommenttia:

Unknown kirjoitti...

Hi Lilli - thank you SO much again for suggesting my book to the library! I am so grateful! :-) It is really exciting to see it in the pictures. Would you mind if I shared the photos on my blog (with a link back here, of course) and also maybe on Facebook?

I really hope you will enjoy it! :-)

Hsin-Yi
ps. do you know - I never realised till now that the "Hanna" on FB was you!!

Lilli kirjoitti...

Your welcome! You can share the photos :)

And I know it's quite confusing with my names :D Hanna is my real name but there are still people who knows me as Lilli, which is my nickname and alter ego and it has its own little story :D

It's so nice name that I didn't want to lose it everywhere, although I have reduced the use of it around the Internet and IRL. But it has become in handy because Hanna is very typical name in Finland, Lilli isn't. So, for example, if there's another Hanna in my classroom or workplace I do introduce myself as Hanna but to avoid confusion with the other Hanna I can say that they can also call me Lilli if they want to :D I've been informally Lilli in two schools. Luckily teachers hasn't forgot that my real name was still Hanna but I usually reminded them in the essays where I would write the both names :D